The KeepYourSight Foundation is helping eye doctors and patients
on the front lines of COVID-19
During these trying times of global pandemic, when millions of glaucoma, AMD and diabetic patients have limited access to essential follow-up care, the KYS Foundation is stepping up to help eye doctors and patients – offering free access until October 1st, 2020 to our vision telemedicine platform. Currently, the platform provides access for remote testing and care management of the peripherical and central vision fields.
How can I sign up?
Simply register for a Vision Pro account and once your account has been reviewed and verified within 1-2 business days, you’ll receive an activation email. You will also receive a Vision Code which you can share with your patients so that they can test online under your Vision Pro account.
Can anyone become a KYS Vision Pro?
Our mission is to partner with clinicians for better care through telemedicine and home vision care management. If you’re a doctor with an active NPI, you’re eligible to use the KYS platform. If you’re outside the US, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if our platform is available in your area.
How can my patients use the KeepYourSight Platform with the Macustat and Peristat test?
Once your account is activated, you’ll receive a “Vision Code” that your patients will enter during registration. This will allow you to see and review their test results.
How secure is the information?
We have enabled the KeepYourSight platform to incorporate highest level of encryption and conformity with HIPAA and best-in-class data security. Our platform utilizes advanced information technology to secure data from its transmission to its storage with encryption throughout the whole process.
- Encryption:256-bit AES-encrypted signaling and media stream 256-bit SSL-encrypted administration 128-bit AES-encrypted full database encryption.
- Role-based security:Assigned permissions to staff based on their role to ensure access in accordance with HIPAA’s Privacy Rule.
- Business Associate Agreement:Contractual guarantee for Protected Health Information (PHI) safeguards as per HIPAA Technical Standards.
How much does KYS cost for my practice?
During the COVID-19 pandemic the KYS e-Vision platform will be completely free to clinicians and their practices until October 1st, 2020.
Standard Vision Pro monthly subscription for doctors and practices is $1 per active user with a practice account minimum of $100 per month. This includes unlimited Peristat and Macustat testing for every active user during the period. For large institutions and healthcare systems with anticipated active utilization of over 1,000 please enquire at email@example.com.
KYS is a registered 501c3 non-profit and one of the first public health foundations which uses operational proceeds from the telemedicine platform to promote public vision health and outreach against preventable blindness globally.
What is the reimbursement for telemedicine vision testing?
- Recent changes in telemedicine reimbursement by CMS and many payers may present new opportunities for clinical reimbursement of telemedicine services and tests.
- Online perimetry and macular function testing are clinically necessary vision tests which can be used for continuous patient monitoring and remote clinical evaluation.
- With the COVID-related expansion of standard perimetry codes 92083/92082 for remote care and the recent introduction of Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) CPT code 99457, both Perista
Is there peer-reviewed literature on the KYS tests?
Our Peristat test has been shown in clinical studies1,2 to have high correlation with office-based Humphrey visual field testing. Unlike office testing where only one test is done per visit, patients can repeat tests at their leisure over hours to weeks to improve both their visual field test skills and to help hone in on any field defects that may have been missed with just one or even two tests.